Pecha Kucha Charlotte is back with the Fall volume.
Be a Presenter
We know you have amazing, brilliant, and wildly creative things to share – and this is your chance to do it. As always, the only limitations are 20 images, 20 seconds per image, for a total of 6 minutes 40 seconds. No other rules, except – make it extraordinary!
This is an “open call” volume – no themes/restrictions – all topics/ideas/media are welcome.
What: Pecha Kucha Night Charlotte – Vol. 14
When: Wednesday, Oct 14, 7:30 – 10:00 pm
Where: The Chop Shop Noda (399 E. 35th St. 28205)*
Why should you present?
It is an opportunity:
– to share your work/ideas, your visions, to express your concerns/critiques
– to challenge yourself to be concise and creative in getting your message across
– to present to a broad region-wide audience, in a casual social environment
– place yourself among the best creative talent in town
…for sending in the final presentation package: 5:00 PM on Friday, Sept 25.
More info about presenting: www.point8.org/pechakucha/presenters/submission-guidelines
Got questions about presenting? Please ask: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: We will be limiting the total number for Vol. 14 to 10 presentations. A panel made up of artists and designers will be selecting the final list of presenters. The selection will be based on the quality of the entries, and the originality of the theme/ideas submitted. We also try to ensure the inclusion of a really wide range of media and topics.
This is not officially a Pecha Kucha Night, but we are supporting an effort to bring the brevity, precision and excitement of the PKN format to the political process. Check out the Mayoral Candidates Forum organized by WTFweVote in collaboration with Charlotte Agenda on Sept 1. It is a free event, but RSVP here pronto – it is proving to be a very popular event.
* A Fond Farewell to Chop Shop: As you might know, the popular venue will be shutting its doors for ever a few days after this event, as the whole complex is going to be torn down and redeveloped. So this will be our last PKN at the funky, gritty venue. Be there to celebrate one last time!