Pecha Kucha Charlotte is back with a special edition.
The line between art and activism is getting blurred, with artists increasingly trying to tackle social/environmental/urban/community issues through their art – and those working on causes finding unconventional and creative ways to share their message and arrive at solutions – we believe it is time to create a space to showcase that. In collaboration with Queen City Forward (QCF), Que-OS is presenting a unique volume that will feature ideas/initiatives at the confluence of art/design and social causes/issues.
What: Pecha Kucha Night – Special Volume: the Art of the Cause/the Cause of the Arts
When: Thursday, April 30, 7:30 – 10:00 pm
Where: Amos’ Southend (1423 S Tryon St., 28203)
We want you to present!
It is an opportunity:
- to share your work/ideas, your visions, express your concerns/critiques
- to challenge yourself to be concise and creative in getting your message across
- to present to a broad region-wide audience, in a casual social environment
- place yourself among the best creative talent in town
- For artists it will be an opportunity to directly contribute to the society through what they are best at – art; find new relevance for their work, and in the process, reach a whole new audience
- For social entrepreneurs it will be an opportunity to find new creative ways to share your organization’s message, reach the core creative community, and find new spokespeople for your cause.
How will this volume be different from the earlier ones?
We will be exclusively showcasing the kind of art/design that deals with social issues/causes – as well as social initiatives that are shared creatively and/or through art. We will also give special preference to collaborations between artists and social entrepreneurs.
…for sending in the final presentation package: 5:00 PM on Friday, April 10.
Please read our guidelines carefully before preparing your presentation: www.point8.org/pechakucha/presenters/submission-guidelines
Got questions about presenting? Please ask: email@example.com
Please note: We will be limiting the total number for presentations to 10. A panel made up of leaders from the art and social entrepreneurial communities will be selecting the final list of presenters. The selection will be based on the quality of the entries, and the originality of the theme/ideas submitted. We also try to ensure the inclusion of a really wide range of media and topics.
Follow Pecha Kucha Charlotte: FB: www.facebook.com/pknclt
Join the mailing list: www.point8.org/Contact
Volume 13 of Pecha Kucha Night Charlotte is organized by Que-OS, in collaboration Queen City Forward (QCF) with support from Social Venture Partners (SVP) Charlotte. The series is supported by the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation. Pecha KuchaTM is devised and shared by Klein Dytham Architecture, Tokyo.
Pecha Kucha is organized by a dedicated and dynamic group of volunteers. Please let us know if you would like to be a part of the team.